About me; who actually likes writing this part of the site.
A quick snapshot of who I am.
- I was born in Germany but spent the last 20+ years in Canada.
- I was a military brat for the first 13 years of my life.
- I changed seven schools in 12 years.
- In a previous life I worked in advertising as an account director and more recently as a program manager at a not-for-profit.
- I have been with my loving partner for five years.
- I am in my early thirties and a new mom.
- For as long as I can remember I was encouraged by my parents to be genuine, honest and as my mom likes to say not a dead fish.
- I believe the fact that I had to change so many schools and continue to make new friends made me find a way to relate to people quickly.
- My awkward years from 12 – 22 (debatable if they are over yet) helped me develop my dry sense of humour and ability to take the piss out of myself.
- I spent my 20s enjoying life and being single for the most part.
- I have a bit of gypsy in me which is very apparent with the amount of times I have moved.
- I love to travel and to eat.
- I don’t have one talent that I excel in but am decent at a few, so I never was delusional into thinking I was made for greater things.
- I believe life is one big adventure and meant to be explored.
- I hope my blog offers a chuckle in someones day or gives them some insight that helps.